The following is an excerpt from an old video game review blog I had. This is actually the conclusion:
While time is plenty, life is still inevitably short, and thus you begin to wonder what type of games are worth experiencing in our terribly finite being. Shmups provide many options, but among the purest and most solid of experiences, Cho Ren Sha 68k shines through with an iron fist. Fine-tuned aesthetics may simply be tempting, but the magnificent gameplay result is by far the most engaging of all aspects, one with a spectrum so bright and content, we find ourselves blinded by a hopeless intimacy, only to be trapped between rotating doors thereafter; a neverending cycle of desperate compulsion and desire. This is the love-hate affair of the manic shooter.
See, I used to be a VERY lazy writer back in the day. I had spent most of my youth as a slacker, not trying hard, and I guess this blog was what changed it around for me. I made very little effort on the reviews there, but then gave it all I had in the conclusion for Cho Ren Sha 68k. Later on, I read my review and realized the difference in quality was exceedingly drastic between my conclusion and the rest of the post, and that in fact 100% of my writer should be like my conclusion. That realization motivated me to (from that point on) write at my best every single time I put my hands on a keyboard or pen, a move that guarantees that every paragraph, sentence and word would be meaningful and fully exemplary of my writing capabilities. Now 23 years old, I have matured into a hard working individual who intends to put 110% on EVERY piece of literature.
The blog can be found here:
http://shmup.xanga.com/
Ugh... I can't believe I used to slack off so much; that conclusion was an ice pack on the jewels for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment